[RFI] Decoupling small trailer to reduce RFI?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sun May 25 05:01:01 EDT 2014

On 5/25/2014 2:06 AM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
> : I'm hoping that the strong field of RFI would not
> : extend 4-6' to the rear of the Prius (it's not in
> : the driveway at the moment so I cannot test that).

My wife has one that gets parked under the 40 m antenna. I never hear it
when she pulls up, or starts up.  I've only operated VHF/UHF from that
car, no HF.  (Not enough room or power)  Yes, I have an 897D and have
had 2 IC7000s.  It's an older unit, but no RFI.  OTH what would you use
for power?  The 12V battery is a little thing about the size of the one
on my snow blower.  It'll power the FM rig for about 5 minutes before
the voltage starts getting pretty low.  I realize, YMMV

73

Roger (K8RI)