[RFI] Decoupling small trailer to reduce RFI?

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Sun May 25 02:06:21 EDT 2014

: I'm hoping that the strong field of RFI would not
: extend 4-6' to the rear of the Prius (it's not in
: the driveway at the moment so I cannot test that).

: WDYT?

Based on my observations when I operated mobile HF, you'd want the trailer
to be between a block and a 1/4 mile away.  That's how far I've ID's a Prius
just from the spew they put out when I'm on the road.

Maybe they are cleaner now, RFI, but I could tell you when one was around
town without seeing it.

Try it, see what happens, don't expect a miracle.

Kurt