[RFI] Laser Christmas Lights

Greg's radiotrade at rogers.com
Thu Dec 3 19:59:49 EST 2015

These were purchased at Lowes Canada. I would think they'd be available at Lowes USA, but perhaps they are Only in Canada....and that would be a good thing for US radio listeners.

Here is the product info:
"LED Lightshow"  Projection Stake Light
Item# 0665508
Model # 38224
Made in CHINA

Patent Pending

Lightshow name is a trademark of Gemmy Industry Corp. USA,
117 Wrangler Drive, Ste 100
Coppell TX, 75019
Www.gemmy.com

Although it is called an LED projection light, I seem to recall seeing a laser light warning on the cord, (sorry, I am not able to verify at this moment)
The box shows an ETL "c" Intertek Laboratory Listing.

I do recall the device had  the usual FCC part 15 notice sticker. (Devices in Canada are never labeled with the equivalent Industry Canada Interference Notice)

I will forward a complaint to Industry Canada, however the extremely under-funded Department has basically washed its hands of all RFI complaints, unless affecting the Navigation or Emergency Services.

Please let us know if you do find them in the US, and/or your experience with other "laser projection" devices.

73
Greg
VA3VFO