[RFI] FW: broadband interferes with radio signals

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Jan 8 13:32:36 EST 2015

On 1/8/2015 12:48 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
> On 8 Jan 2015 at 11:22, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

I'm well aware of BPL, but most of it has gone away due to poor
performance and signal ingress rather than egress.
Unfortunately there are "in home" systems, some of which work well and
some "under the RADAR, cheap imports that have never been tested, or the
product is different than what was tested that are terrible radiators
according to reports.

.The ARRL (and others) put lots of effort in that to save us from what
was to be "fast tracked" into use.  Another, related to a wireless
service in the satellite down link frequencies (GPS) was being fast
tracked with top level government backing (and lots of federal money).
When it became general public knowledge that there was no way the two
(GPS down links and wireless high power transmitters  of up to 40 KW)
could coexist in the same spectrum) Those backing it had to backpedal
quickly.

These were pet projects of about as high level in the govt as you can
get.  It just so happens that many involved were large political
contributors to campaigns and parties, so they were given very large
govt grants for these projects.

73

Roger (K8RI)

>> On 1/7/2015 9:22 PM, David Cole wrote:
>>> If only the FCC would do this!!!
>> What is out there that broadband can interfere with? I have no problems
>> 1.8  through 440 MHz.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> Roger (K8RI)
> It isn't the "broadband" itself that is the problem: it is "sending" it via the
> power line. The ARRL has fought that problem, BPL, for a number of years.
>
> Do a search on BPL. You'll find all sorts of info, almost all of it very
> disturbing.
>
> Ken W7EKB

---