[RFI] w7ekb & ground rods

K1FZ-Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Thu Jan 15 15:18:58 EST 2015

     The power company installed a remote reading sensor on my meter.
I noticed a noise increase. Took a portable receiver into the basement
and found noise along a very old house ground to my water line. It was
about 30 feet away from the power company ground. I totally
disconnected the old ground  wire and noise went away. yeah !
  The next day the power company was up and  re calibrating their
equipment. They did not say anything to me about it.
  Al ls well that ends well.

  73
  Bruce-K1FZ
  www,qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:55:37 -0800, Bill W7KXB <w7kxb at msn.com> wrote:

  > Ken: Better read up on issues that arise with multiple ground rods
for home AC grounding. I don't have the info at hand but you'll find it
on the www