[RFI] w7ekb & ground rods

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jan 15 18:15:19 EST 2015

On Thu,1/15/2015 1:40 PM, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:
> Can you suggest a source for flat wide copper "tape" ?

No, but the only place I use it is poured into the concrete base for my
towers for bonding to the tower and the radial system.

> And for copper braid, other than from old coax? (I suspect braid from old
> coax will not be wide enough, and if it is corroded, the individualy strands of
> copper may be insulated from one another.)

I wouldn't use braid outside, but inside, if the connections are
soldered on each end, I wouldn't worry about corrosion unless the braid
is already in bad shape. I put braid used in this manner inside heat
shrink. I use #4 stranded copper for bonding between rods.

73, Jim K9YC