[RFI] Query for the group.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Jul 25 14:51:05 EDT 2015

On 25 Jul 2015 at 13:31, Randy Farmer wrote:

> Ethernet birdies.

Ah. Makes sense. Dang.

> You're lucky to have only two.

Well, actually, I don't KNOW that I have only two. On 40 and 80 there appears a
"wandering" bit ofpretty loud crap that is pretty broad, and wonders up and down the band at
intervals. I haven't tracked that one down yet, but suspect it is some sort of switching power
supply somewhere close by.

> At my QTH they come in
> clusters of three or four, presumably from neighbors' hardware. I've gone
> wireless to get rid of mine.

Well, we have both wired and wireless in our local net. Up to 5 computers, 3 of which are
hardwired.

And, at this point, then, there isn't much I can do about them, I would suppose.

I have added multiple turns of cat 5 through large ferrite "chokes", but mostly to keep my
transmitter out of the hub. That worked.

Thanks for the info, Randy

vy 73,.

Ken W7EKB