[RFI] [Bulk] Re: Electric Fence pulsing (will get worse soon !)

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jul 30 16:30:47 EDT 2015

On Thu,7/30/2015 11:52 AM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
> Further to my last, I just backed the car up about 10' from the fence,
> nearest to my property and do not hear it on 2m or 70cm just using the
> vert's on the car.
> I BARELY hear it on the car's built in AM radio.  It's about s7 on 20m using
> the SD-330 on the rear deck.
>
> Definitely mostly being propagated from way over where the fence starts out.
> ~1000 away.

How do you know that, Mike? It could be ANYWHERE. It might not even be
THAT fence, it could be another one!  A fundamental property of impulse
noise sources connected to long wires, stated here MANY MANY times,
several times in response to YOU -- at VHF/UHF, the entire fence is NOT
radiating, it is the part of the wire nearest the source that radiates
at those higher frequencies. You've got to get out of your car and walk
the whole damned fence with that VHF or UHF AM RX until you hear it
loud. Like K1TTT said, it ain't that hard.

73, Jim K9YC