[RFI] [Bulk] Re: Electric Fence pulsing (will get worse soon !)

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Jul 31 17:24:55 EDT 2015

I couldn't agree less... I've been using my car radio to close in on
noisy poles for a decade and more.  Tune to the top end of the AM band
and drive.  Get close and take a portable radio from there.

The local electric utility's RFI guy wants to do a good job, and has
decent equipment but doesn't know how to use it. Last time he was
floundering around with a receiver set around 100 MHz with a hand-held
log periodic that from its size probably started about 300 MHz.

Next time I see him I'm going to urge one of Mike's RFI courses.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at