[RFI] Frequency Shifting RFI

David Cole dave at nk7z.net
Sat Aug 27 01:05:40 EDT 2016

Thanks. I thought that was why you posted, but I have not seen a signal
like that before. I would be interested in what it turns out to be once you
locate it.

via CloudMagic Email
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=ti&cv=8.6.51&pv=9.3.4&source=email_footer_2]
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 18:49, Tom Thompson <w0ivj at tomthompson.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

When I look at the video, it starts with lower resolution and then
clears up so I can read the frequency scale. Nevertheless, the scale
goes from 3920 kHz to 3995 kHz and the RFI sweeps about 30 kHz. By the
way, I am not seeking speculation as to what causes the RFI; I just
posted this to illustrate the value of an SDR with a panadapter over a
conventional receiver for tracking it down.

73, Tom W0IVJ