[RFI] Re-wiring station

Robert Nobis n7rjn at nobis.net
Fri Dec 30 23:50:51 EST 2016

Ken,

As I recall, the CAT5 or CAT6 specifications do not actually specify that each pair have a different number of twists per inch. They do specify that all pairs be less than 38mm per twist and that pair twist lengths shall be chosen to ensure compliance with the transmission requirements of the standard. In practice, I believe manufacturers are using different twists per inch on the wire pairs in order to meet the specifications for cross-talk.

At any rate, I don’t believe the original question was concerning Ethernet cable.

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/cat6-versus-cat5.246719/

73,

Bob Nobis
n7rjn at nobis.net