[RFI] Re-wiring station

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Dec 31 01:04:42 EST 2016

On 30 Dec 2016 at 21:50, Robert Nobis wrote:

> Ken,
>
> As I recall, the CAT5 or CAT6 specifications do not actually specify that each pair have a
> different number of twists per inch. They do specify that all pairs be less than 38mm per twist and
> that pair twist lengths shall be chosen to ensure compliance with the transmission requirements
> of the standard. In practice, I believe manufacturers are using different twists per inch on the wire
> pairs in order to meet the specifications for cross-talk.

Yes.

> Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/cat6-versus-cat5.246719/
>
> At any rate, I don´t believe the original question was concerning Ethernet cable.

It wasn't.

The OP asked about an optimum twist for minimum noise. I have never seen any such
specification.

The only specifications I know of which MAY be related was contained in information I had
some years ago regarding CAT-5 cable.

Possibly that is contained in the link you provided.

Thus my statement.

Ken W7EKB

---