[RFI] cops zero in on noisy grow light ballasts

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Thu Feb 11 10:19:24 EST 2016

The whole damn thing is just too murky for my tastes.  Here is what RFI
hunting does to an Amateur Radio Operator.

RANT MODE ON

The Amateur Radio Operator is placed in the enforcer/locater position,
for something that is not his/her doing, and may, or may not be legal,
(depending on who you talk too), reporting their findings to an agency,
that probably does not have enough money to combat the problem in teh
first place, for which that same agency has explicit rules saying the
Amateur Radio Operator is being infringed upon.  Add to that, the fact
that the Amateur Radio Operator might get shot for his/her trouble,
depending on who's door is knocked on and you have an RFI hunting
experience.

RANT MODE OFF

So just how many things are wrong with the above picture...

This is why I think the ARRL approach of taking the
vendors/manufactures to task for selling this sort of thing is one of
many ways to pursue the issue.  Get rid of the sources as early in the
food chain as possible...

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave