[RFI] Urban noise

Tom Thompson w0ivj at tomthompson.com
Fri Feb 12 10:56:53 EST 2016

Hi Dave,

We were using a 3 ft. whip with a high impedance preamp into a Perseus
receiver.  The antenna system was mounted on the car using a mag mount.
I use a similar setup with an SDRPlay receiver.  Since the antenna
system is broadband, you don't have to worry about a frequency sensitive
antenna factor affecting your readings.  One concern is that the
receiver/preamp does not being overloaded with strong broadcast
stations.  We built our preamps with attenuation in the AM and FM
broadcast spectrum.

Tom   W0IVJ