[RFI] Power pole equipment/smart meters.

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 26 01:05:58 EDT 2016

: Probably SmartGrid equipment.  Could be wireless on any range of freqs.

I've always wondered about that stuff.  We were switched over to smart
meters a few years ago.  Fortunately no RFI and they operate on 900 MHz and
2.4 GHz.  I was told by several meter readers and techs in the are that they
relay to repeaters in the area.  I'm out in the desert.  There is no other
equipment for several miles, nothing on any poles that's ever been seen and
the hills with communications equipment are ten to fifteen miles out.

What could these new meters possibly be sending to?  I can't imagine their
range much more than to get across my land.

Kurt