[RFI] Florescent TUBE style, LED replacements

Dave Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 20:48:14 EDT 2016

I have also used the www.earthled.com ones (based on K7TJR's
recommendation).  They sell both types, ballast bypass and
ballast compatible.  All of the ones I bought are ballast bypass.
For the ballast bypass, you just connect 120 VAC line and neutral
to the two pins at one end of the fixture, so the rewiring is
trivial. You can either remove the ballast or leave in there
disconnected. I have seen no rfi from them at my HF contest
station.  Some of them do make a faint audible hum, which you can
hear if there is no other background noise in the area.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ