[RFI] Anyone make an 8' drop in LED? RFI free?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Jun 8 18:55:06 EDT 2016

I have 11, 2 tube, 8' fixtures with 5,000 to 6,000 lumens per tube.
That's a total of  between 110,000 to 132,000 lumens of full spectrum
light.

The shop interior (walls and ceiling) are white "bonded" barn metal.

So far I've found no LED replacements.

All wiring is in surface mount EMT, so replacing them with 22 4'
fixtures and 44 LEDs  and installing new conduit that doesn't look like
a kludge would run into several thousand dollars.  It's doubtful I could
get anywhere near the lumens and full spectrum.

The 8' tubes are 75W so 22 X 75W is 1650 watts per hour or about 16,500
watt hours per 10 hour day at 12 cents/KWhr X 10 = $1.20 per day, or
about $36 per month for my toy shop.

That doesn't count two "big" computers using 300 to 400 watts per hour,
often running 24 X 7.  Air conditioner, and dehumidifier

Fortunately with all the computers, network, and lights (mostly LEDs in
the house), I have no RFI on either station.

73,

Roger (K8RI)

---