[RFI] Noise from Switcher on 80/160

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 14:28:57 EDT 2016

On 10/10/2016 12:00 PM, Mike Wetzel wrote:
> It has peaks every 32.5/65 KHz  across 80
> meters.

You may find it easier to locate the emitter by listening on 65, 97.5,
130 or 162.5 KHz with a LW or VLF receiver. Some handhelds will tune as
low as 100 KHz, and some of the portables (AOR5000, for example) will
tune even lower and I've  got one of those, though it needs realigning
it to bring it back into calibration. A 10KHz-5MHz loop serves to find
the LF emitters pretty well and a small loop on a handheld receiver is
good for sniffing out close-in sources.

I have an Anritsu ML428B EMC receiver/FS meter  than tunes down to 9 KHz
- 30 MHz, too, with a meter that reads in dBuV, but I don't know the
pinout of its 12VDC connector.

Cortland Richmond
ka5s