[RFI] Local RFI...

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Sep 5 16:55:49 EDT 2016

On 5 Sep 2016 at 16:24, Howard Lester wrote:

> > Check the ARRL website for info about arc-fault interrupters. Some
> are known to have RFI issues.
>
> Long ago I had a situation where I set off a builder-supplied GFCI (I
> know, it´s different) when I transmitted with 100 watts on 17 meters,
> and burned it out. I replaced it with one made by Leviton, and never
> had a problem at that outlet again. I'd made no changes to the
> antenna.
>
> Howard N7SO

Hmmm...funny you should mention that: for some time, the GFCI at our basement washing
machine would trip off every time I was on 40 meters, but I got that fixed.

Just a day or two ago, I discovered another, seldom-used, GFCI which is toast. I suppose I
wiped that one out some time ago.

Thanks for the info.

Ken W7EKB

---