[RFI] 60 KHz noise Redux

Dave Cole dave at nk7z.net
Wed Sep 21 09:10:27 EDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 08:40 -0400, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
> Thanks for all the rep[lies, but I don't think we've got it yet.  I
> replaced the power supply on the Skimmer PC, which seems to be
> functioning fine now.  Powered down the Skimmer PC (even unplugged the
> AC) and the interference is unchanged.  I put the bandscope picture in
> my Dropbox at ... and would appreciate any further ideas.

A few suggestions...

1.  Do a house power off test...

2.  If it is something in your home, bring up the breakers one at a
time, until you locate it.

3.  If not, I would start DFing it at this time.

Just how strong is this RFI?  I don't see a calibration of any kind on
the vertical axis.

It still looks like it stands a good chance of being a SMPS to me...

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)