[RFI] Lightning Grounds with Insulators in SC?

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Sun Apr 9 13:42:44 EDT 2017

Just saw this posted to the swap.qth.com list ...

"Running along the South Carolina coast are two 3 phase 115 kv feeders
that power all coastal towns for about 45 miles. Georgetown, SC to
Myrtle Beach."

"About a year ago I noticed that one of the two lightning safety
grounds, both at the top of each pole, now has some sort of insulators
on it."

https://swap.qth.com/view_ad.php?counter=1321021

"While driving on a cross road, that goes under this power line, I
noticed this arrangement on one of the poles."

"Does anyone know what this is all about?"

"Thanks, Bruce N4JHY"