[RFI] FIOS vs DSL

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:33:46 EST 2017

Before you get mixed up with Comcast, read my story:

I wanted to leave AT&T DSL and get Comcast (Xfinity) fast fast
internet.  Same price but a lot faster.  The Information Superhighway
right?  I don't want TV or anything else, just internet.
I go to the Xfinity store and tell a service rep what I want.  Okay
sir no problem.  He takes down all my information and says in a week a
guy will be at my house to set me up.  No need for me to be there.
Then I'll get notified and we can go to step 2.

I leave and wait.  .... nothing.  After a month I go back.  Gee sir,
no idea what the problem is but let me get a copy of a utility bill
and your drivers license and we'll do it again high priority.   I get
an email address and special subject line to send these pdf file scans
to.  License scan and utility statement.  I do all that next day at
the office.  Nothing ever happens.  A month or two later I see an
Xfinity Comcast guy in my neighborhood working on cable and tell him
my tale.

Him:  Did you follow up?

Me.  No.

Him:  Why not?

Me:  Because if this is how they treat a prospect, then I don't want
to be a customer.

And, "Did you follow up" is not what I'd call a great customer service
mentality, although that was just that one guy.

Consider yourself warned.  I am still with slow but working AT&T DSL
but it is better than a vapor-install and I am glad I didn't cancel my
DSL.

Now back to RFI stuff.

73

Rob