[RFI] Thank you for your support

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Nov 13 03:26:43 EST 2017

On 11/12/2017 12:42 PM, K5hab at arrl.net wrote:
> I spent years and thousands of dollars trying to resolve a Magnum Inverter noise problem. Even though we offered to help them they stone walled us and lied to us. We were working with the top people in the company. You cannot visit an RV park without experiencing terrible noise because of Magnum inverters. They are big mobile polluters.

It MAY be possible to suppress the noise with a very good common mode
choke on the output, but it may require a lot of turns on a lot of
cores.  A starting point would be the guidelines for RG8/RG213 coax
chokes in k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf, and multiple chokes may be required.

> I have a new American Standard AC system in the house which generates an amazing amount of RFI.  I have called and called with no results.
This might likely be a variable speed motor controller. If so, would be
solved by dumping the variable speed option for the unit. Study

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

73, Jim K9YC