[RFI] Comcast - 80 meters rings phones

Augie "Gus" Hansen augie.hansen at comcast.net
Sun Nov 19 11:52:59 EST 2017

Hi Steve,

If any phones in his home have extension cables they are likely using
parallel wires, not twisted pair. Replacing such extensions with quality
UTP cable goes a long way toward curing this type of RFI. Also, many
houses have phone wiring that is effectively a big loop, so that an
outlet can be installed easily at any point along the loop. Problem is
it makes a very nice antenna. Often just opening the loop at a
convenient point works, but there are "loop buster" L/C circuits sold
commercially that can be inserted in the loop to block or at least
reduce the RFI susceptibility while maintaining the installed loop
condition.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH