[RFI] Broadband RFI...

HP pfizenmayer at q.com
Tue Sep 12 17:17:53 EDT 2017

I have a source down the alley which creates broadband "hiss" I can not detect any line frequency related or any discrete frequency components either audibly or on a scope or on a panadapter. It appears to peak from what looks like a large pool filter feeding a large black building at the rear of the lot next to the "filtering" apparatus. . I have no idea what is in that building some have suggested an indoor swimming pool. other the usual growing of whatever . For starters I wonder is there is a chlorine generator associated with this filtering apparatus which uses a current thru the water to generate hypochlorus acid fromsalt inthe water thru electrolysis. APS RFI guys hear the same thing as I when they drive by that location. Any ideas or comments ?? This noise raises my background noise level at least 10 dB as I swing beam from North to East which is at the source. I realize some of this delta is front to side of the beam but that does not help hearing signals East . EU signals going for N thru E just disappear in the noise. BTW this guy will not answer his door - appartently has a viewer and will not come to door - so next step will be via mail but I am looking for any ideas about the source first . Hank K7HP