[RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Feb 2 19:28:35 EST 2018

The Stoddart Radio Company which specialized in EMI/RFI "meters" covering from from 30
Hz (!), through 18 Ghz for many, many years, included a 1" diameter loop with several of
their "Noise Meters".

It was very useful when you needed to get close.

http://online.sfsu.edu/hl/src.html

The U.S. Navy bought many of their units. One in particular, the AN/URM-6 used stainless
steel covered loops of 3' in diameter, 6" in diameter, and finally 1" in diameter.

I have several models of their receivers and the loops here.

A 3" loop for our purposes would be almost as useful as Stoddart's 1" loop.

Ken W7EKB

---