[RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?

nm8rmedic nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com
Tue Feb 27 07:55:35 EST 2018

Agreed.   As an example, our local auto supply store will make up custom battery cables. They have a hydraulic crimping system for the end connectors and will make cable lengths to order.  If it will handle the starting current of a truck, there's nothing flimsy about it. 73, Scott

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr at msn.com> Date: 2/27/18  12:08 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk at earthlink.net>, rfi at contesting.com Subject: Re: [RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?
Kurt, you are way off base talking about auto parts stores the way you have. You have obviously made an assumption.
Trust me, I owned an auto parts store for over 20 years and we, meaning my store and my suppliers had a large variety of connectors and lugs from the same suppliers as any other hardware or electric supply house. I still think its worth a shot to check with your local auto parts store or any reputable supplier as there are many places in an automobile that carry high current  with large wire and appropriate lugs.
Just my $.02
Lee   K7TJR since 1963
Sherwood Auto Parts
 Sherwood, OR