[RFI] Dishwasher

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jan 27 16:53:35 EST 2018

On 1/27/2018 11:24 AM, David Eckhardt wrote:
> We bought the 'industrial' Maytag brand washer and dryer.  They both
> produce a lot of RFI on HF.  However, wash only once or twice a week, but
> it does interfer with my HF radio astronomy ventures quite badly, but easy
> to detect as its on or off - step function in the RFI.
>
> Where is the FCC????

Essentially powerless, thanks to "small government" with no staff to
enforce their Rules, and with Rules that make it easy to sell stuff that
violates those Rules.

But, more to the point, where are YOU?  Did you complain to Maytag about
the problem and demand that they fix it or take it back?  As we learned
50 years ago in the civil rights movement, "if you're not part of the
solution, you're part of the problem."

73, Jim K9YC