[RFI] Flat-screen monitor noise

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Sun Jan 28 07:32:04 EST 2018

I've been tracking down some intermittent, severe RFI, using a portable
short-wave radio to identify possible in-house sources..  I just put the
antenna of the radio next to the screen of my monitor and was
surprised/shocked by the noise it picked up.  I note, however, that at a
distance of less than two feet I cannot hear the monitor any more.
Moreover,cutting power to the monitor causes no change in the received
noise on my K3, so I assume the racket is harmless.

Comments?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network