[RFI] New solar at neighbors.

Dave Cole (NK7Z) dave at nk7z.net
Fri Jul 6 10:34:14 EDT 2018

Ask the neighbor if they will be sure to let you know when the system
goes active, let them know you are worried about possible RFI issues.

That will begin the education process for your neighbor.  Make sure they
are aware that they, as the operator of the offending device, are the
responsible party, not the vendor.  All nicely, and without threats.

Maybe collect some general RFI information from the web, making sure
that it prominently states the owner is the responsible party, and ask
the new solar owner to hand that to the installer for you.

Be kind, but let the installer, and neighbor know that you are very
concerned about RFI.  Always be a nice guy, never threaten FCC, etc.,
try and handle it as friends, but be prepared to take it legal if needed.

Start a notebook/log today, document everything you say, and everything
you do in relation to possible RFI.  In the event it does get legal,
this will help.  A log also serves as a wonderful tool for you in
dealing with the issue.

Good luck, and remember your hobby may at stake in this, so tread carefully.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
https://www.nk7z.net