[RFI] Optimizers & thje FCC

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 19:50:37 EDT 2018

Good thought!  The FAA does NOT.......*N  O  T.*......tolerate interference!

I have a story to tell about FAA and a local "trial" of BPL a few years
back, but too long for this forum.  The outcome was FAA slapping FCC in no
uncertain terms.  Some of the information as to how it all went down is a
bit sensitive, so only in person, please.  It all happened in our little
farming town in Northern Colorado and "Denver Center" for FAA.

Dave - WØLEV

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Leonard Halvorsen <lhalvors at pppl.gov>
wrote:

> About a week ago a past e-mail from an FCC official was repeated in this
> forum, which *asked for *information/complaints regarding RFI from solar
> installations. I read, almost every day, about problems with these devices,
> but I never see anyone reporting their progress with that official at the
> FCC. Has everyone thrown in the towel?
>
> One last suggestion...
> When you're listening to RFI, determine if it's audible (or visible on your
> spectrum display) in the 108 to 120 MHz. band. If it is, send an e-mail to
> the FCC ASAP, with your data. The FCC will absolutely NOT tolerate RFI in
> the Aviation Radio Navigation Band.
>
> If you cc: your e-mail to the FAA, that will REALLY light a fire under
> someones' office chair.
>
> lh
> wa2amw

*Dave - WØLEV*