[RFI] Smoke Detectors Beeping

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jul 31 18:39:12 EDT 2018

On 7/31/2018 1:32 PM, Stan Zawrotny wrote:
> OK, Given:
>
> " A shortcoming of all of the single length, cover all bands antenna
> is a directional pattern with lobes and nulls that are different on
> every band. And a shortcoming of both antenna types is that it is not
> practical to choke them effectively to kill the common mode current."
>
> If that is a _given _to the problem that you have to solve, then what
> are the solutions? Many people are stuck with having to install
> antennas of that nature. For one reason or another, they are not able
> to install something else. What do you advise them, besides RTFM?

Every antenna problem is different, and must be decided on the basis of
conditions. I am simply presenting the facts to help people think
through and make BETTER decisions.

> I can't tell my electrician to RTFM.

You'd better make sure that he/she knows the right way to do what you need!

> But several people have responded with real meaningful practical ideas
> that I can tell the electrician.

I wrote two entire applications note about it and posted a link to them.

> (Oh, BTW, I am 75 years old and physically no longer able to crawl
> around in the attic.)

I'll be 77 in the fall.

73, Jim K9YC