[RFI] Politics and RFI

Dave Cole (NK7Z) dave at nk7z.net
Sun Mar 18 00:07:44 EDT 2018

I completely agree, so the next question becomes-- how does one light
that fire?

Write a congress person...    Not sure that will do any good, they are
all busy now anyway...

Write the FCC, they already know the stuff coming in is tainted...

I honestly see no reliable way to motivate the Government to fix the RFI
problem...

A sad but I think realistic view for now...  I do what I can by ALWAYS
letting the vendor know about an RFI issue if I find one, and making as
much reasonable noise about it as possible...  Beyond that, unless it
costs people money, I doubt this will get solved soon...

Ideas?

Perhaps a nation wide web based database of RFI generation locations
would help...  A bit of public shaming may help in some cases, but not
all...  Probably get the person hosting the site sued by someone...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
https://www.nk7z.net