[RFI] Solar Panel RFI in Kings Park - Update October 4th 2018

Mike Kirkland radio.ns6q at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:17:00 EDT 2018

I would not expect some foam to stop > 60db of rfi. It would not surprise
me if > 60 db would not be stopped with better solutions like cores etc.

They installed some "we cannot explain what they are" filters on the system
near me about two years ago and it made about a 3-6 db improvement.

About 50 db to go...not seen or heard from anyone since. No response to my
emails or phone calls.

Perhaps I need a bigger hammer to get their attention. (As tempting as it
is I am avoiding the use of a real hammer). Maybe I could contract out to
the little old lady that busted up a Comcast office with a hammer. :-)

Part 15 works in both directions. One could wounder how much rf at what feq
one would have to generate to get their attention?

Imagine the motivation solar edge would have if their arrays near hams
started ramdomly going off line.

Beyond frustrated. I haven't been on hf for several years because of the
RFI. Even vhf is difficult.

At least dmr gets me some air time.