[RFI] Metal Pole vs Wood Pole

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 10:12:15 EST 2019

I would like to hear about metal-vs-wood poles, too.

I live in SW New Mexico, with a seasonal dry climate. It's wet from July through
September, dry the rest of the year. I have one wood pole that is stressed by
power lines in 3 directions. Once the pole dries out, it screams. The power
company comes out, tightens hardware, and it's quiet for a few weeks, or until
the wet season comes. Just wondering if it's worth trying to twist their arm
into changing to a metal pole.

73,
Steve, N2IC