[RFI] Light Dimmer

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Tue Dec 10 19:27:49 EST 2019

I should comment on the FEIT bulb and quality that.  I tested the
emissions with an SA coupled to the line cord and this was done at FULL
VOLTAGE.  Meaning the bulbs when powered with 120V AC were quiet.

I did NOT check the dimmed condition on these LED bulbs.

I do have Lutron dimmers throughout the house - but for the bulbs that
are tied to these, I have generally stuck with incandescent types on the
assumption that 1) a dimmed incandescent bulb lasts a very long time
indeed compared with a full-line voltage type and 2) the combination of
Lutron + incandescent is radio quiet where I assume that the LED types
would be of no benefit and most likly somewhat of a noise source.  There
are a few LED FEIT bulbs in the house on generic dimmers but those are
only in rooms where they are unoccupied or typically infrequently used
when it's radio time.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com