[RFI] A Possible Solution to Solar Panel RFI

r55stan at gmail.com r55stan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 02:39:10 EST 2019

If you still have RFI after SolarEdge has been out to do their wire twisting
and ferrite installation procedure, I suspect they may have missed one or
more of the optimizers (DC to DC converters).  Even a single SolarEdge
optimizer can radiate strong RFI if not well filtered with ferrites on the
wires.  Call them back to fix it right.  I had a neighbor 150 feet away and
it took four visits before they finally made the system quiet.  They even
admitted that previous technicians missed a few panels.  So, at least the
good news is they can be fixed.  The bad news is you have to keep after them
until they do and also the endless addition of new SolarEdge systems that
continue to be installed all around us.

Randy KQ6RS