[RFI] Solar Panel RFI Update From Tesla: 12/26/19

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 27 15:20:55 EST 2019

"Jim's statement was perfectly clear in caps."

Indeed.

"But I can't make heads or tails from the response."

I'll break it down...

"Talking to those that aren't responsible"

The manufacturer, to whom everyone addresses the issue.

"asking those that can't enforce"

One of many radio clubs.

"to talk to those obligated to nobody"

The manufacturer.

"No wonder we can't get anything done any more!"

The two groups that can accomplish this with a single memo, the FCC, and
those hired to prevent liability to those that produce the item(s)
causing the issues, or those liable for operating such devices, and
required to shut down upon notification (users, as stated in the codes),
the lawyers (or if that's a scary sounding word, legal counsel), have
been bypassed, in the hope that strangers, just being friendly to other
strangers, neither of which matter to each other, will make all the
difference to the one side that has blown everyone off (rightfully so,
as pointed out repeatedly) since first contact.  Oddly this has been
skipped, when it should have been step two.

Kurt