[RFI] FCC Limits on Harmful Interference: Clarification

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 30 23:29:24 EST 2019

Do you mean -120 dBm? How do you measure that? At what point is the
radiated power measured? How do you connect to a device to measure it?

Besides, why stop there? Why not simply make it *undetectable*? As in,
nothing known, no matter how it's connected, can detect if the system is
operating?

Well, put simply, nothing will pass such a test. A level of -120 dBm is
around the MDS for many receivers at the input terminals. I still say
that if we *insist* on a standardized limit, someone will inevitably get
screwed because you can bet your sweet bippy it won't be -120 dBm no
matter how it's measured.

Kim N5OP