[RFI] Baluns Using RG142/300

Tom Lizak k1tl at cox.net
Fri Jan 25 16:46:39 EST 2019

I wound a current choke on a FT240-K Amidon torroid using RG300.  It is
solid silver plated steel center but only one shield.  I tried using RG142
but it was very stiff w/dual shields.  I managed to get the turns wound but
did them on a loose fashion, not tight as I have seen in some photos.  This
will keep the center conductor from migrating to the edge of the PTFE
dielectric.

I have not had any issues with it after being on the 75m Inv-V for two years
now running 500w thru it w/o any problems.

Jim is correct in being careful not to wind it "too tight".

73

Tom/K1TL...