[RFI] How an optimizer works

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jun 3 15:19:32 EDT 2019

On 6/3/2019 11:54 AM, Dennis Monticelli wrote:
> RFI wise we're looking at a PWM inverter with very sharp switching edges
> (to keep efficiency high).

Yes, efficiency is clearly critical. This is where optimization of the
switching waveform can be part of the solution. Elecraft's
implementation for CW keying is a raised cosine.

> It's too bad the output side of each optimizer does not consist of
> twisted pairs each returning to a central point within the main inverter
> box where serialization would take place.

In the installation on which I consulted, this wiring WAS implemented as
twisted pair, based, I suspect, on the QST piece by K1KP and W1RFI.

73, Jim K9YC