[RFI] Monitor hash

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Nov 9 22:24:00 EST 2019

On 11/9/2019 7:02 PM, KD7JYK DM09 wrote:
> If you can't hear it, and don't notice a detrimental rise in the noise
> floor, using other methods, don't worry about it!

OR maybe there are other noise sources overpowering it, and that if you
managed to kill them you might hear it. This is the eternal problem with
taking someone's advice that "box A" is quiet. We've recently gone
through multiple power shutdowns here, thanks to PG&E's failure to
maintain their lines. During the last one, I had my K3 running on
battery, and as I always do, set the noise floor to the bottom of the
display. When the power was restored and all my neighbors' noise sources
powered up, the noise floor has risen by 15 dB.

73, Jim K9YC