[RFI] FCC Complaint Filing

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 22 12:20:49 EST 2019

"Thus the reason for the FCC complaint as I see no other recourse."

Generally speaking, having worked with numerous agencies, at various
levels, for many years, I highly suggest a "Formal" complaint to start.
You will get a written verification, with a case number that will be
followed up upon, will pop up within the system at regular intervals,
not be closed until you inform them to do so after complete resolution,
and may even be audited (this is a good thing, for you, if there are
problems within the agency).  I have done this many times, with
excellent results, it's how the system works.

"Informal" typically equates to, forgotten as soon as the phone is hung
up, or tossed in the round file, if even noted, the idea being, if you
aren't serious, they certainly won't be, which usually means, little
effort made, if any, will probably never be followed up on, or thought
of again, and not something that will be caught up in an audits.  It's
like, "Hey!  I got a problem! (Spend an hour describing it, notes,
photos, recordings, maybe tears in the eyes...)".  Response from the
almost always minimum wage, part time intern at the front counter rarely
concerned beyond when the next break, or paycheck is, that picked up the
phone on a slow day: "Huh.  Yeah.  OK."  I have done this many times
(the complaint part), never with any desired result, it's how the system
works.

"I did again last night reach out to the ARRL for any possible intervention"

Again?  I thought the ARRL jumped on this stuff.

FCC.  Good, get the ball rolling, formally, then, while that is churning
away, try more "diplomacy" through other routes.  If that works in a few
weeks, or months, great, and you can tell the FCC it's been resolved.
If not, you're days, weeks, or months ahead of the game for a formal
action.

Slowest, yet most affective method first to save time.  Good tactic!

Please keep us posted on ARRL response.

Kurt