[RFI] Suggestions for an RFI-clean battery charger/maintainer

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 14 21:14:25 EDT 2019

My go to maintainer is by Battery Minder (NOT Battery Tender).

I have 5x running 24/7 - two 24v units on a 48v 220A-H boom lift, 1x on
shack backup 12v 220A-H, 1x 12v on a dump trailer 120A-H and 1x on a
fork lift starter battery 90A-H.  The higher capacity batteries use the
2 amp or larger maintainers and the smaller batteries the wall wart model.

No RFI noticed on any band.

These are great pulsed maintainer units.  They de-sulfate amazingly well
and don't electrolyze the water away very rapidly.  Been using them for
18 years after bad experiences with junk constant current/voltage
maintainers.

Again, NOT Battery Tender, these have not been reliable for me.  Great
ratings on Amazon btw.

Grant KZ1W