[RFI] Suggestions for an RFI-clean battery charger/maintainer

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Oct 14 22:28:29 EDT 2019

On 10/14/2019 5:06 PM, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:
> I have a Ampeak Smart Charger & have often run it in the radio
> room while on the air. I haven't noticed any RFI.

"In the shack" means NOTHING! Proximity to ANTENNAS is what matters.

A good test of quiet is a battery powered RX that tunes the ham bands
right next to the potentially noisy source. I always start around 160M.
There are several listed in the applications note on my website about
boosting contest scores by killing receive noise.

73, Jim K9YC