[RFI] EMI-Free Vehicle Inverters

David Klinect daklinect at aep.com
Wed Apr 1 09:23:20 EDT 2020

Getting back to my "EMI from inverters" question, I was able to lay my hands on two Sensata Technologies Dimensions units (a 1200 watt and a 3000 watt) and, with both units, the only EMI radiating from them was when I positioned my Icom handheld near the DC input cables.  I am therefore confident that the extra filtering/choking as described in Jim's write-up should work for me.  I will let the group know when I get the inverter and have gone through that process.

Many thanks again to all who chimed in with ideas, etc.

Dave - KA8MHW