[RFI] UPS with external batteries

Gary Johnson gwj at wb9jps.com
Thu Apr 2 00:53:49 EDT 2020

I'm looking for recommendations on a low-RFI UPS that supports external batteries for extended runtime. It does not have to provide a lot of power, a couple hundred Watts max would be sufficient. But needs to run for more than a day, say >5 kWH. So that’s a pretty good rack of batteries, but do-able.  RFI is the thing. I have yet to find a commercial UPS that has a Part 15 Class B cert. Lots are Class A... Either way, I'd like to hear from anyone who has direct experience.

-Gary NA6O