[RFI] Oven RFI help needed

Cianciolo, Paul, W1VLF pcianciolo at arrl.org
Thu Apr 23 10:17:51 EDT 2020

Dan,

Please do not  open the stove or do anything internal.
 First off this is critical to safety. The RFI can do a lot more than just make noise  or flash lights.

I have a recent case in the ARRL RFI database when a Hams neighbor was having his Samsung Gas stove turn on the oven  in the middle of the night.
This happened to coincided with the Ham operating a 20 meters CW on a schedule.
You do not want to have any liability for going inside off this stove..
Call Samsung ,,
Cal me at the number below and we can talk about this.

Here is the model number of the stove that would turn on based on RF.... Samsung Gas Range, Model NX58H5600SS/AA
I also have several other cases of RFI ingress to the same model number.

In the local case above Samsung replaced the stove..
Please give me a call.

73,

Paul Cianciolo, W1VLF
ARRL EMC Engineer

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™
225 Main Street, Newington, CT 06111-1400 USA
Telephone: (860) 594-0392
FAX: (860) 594-0259
Email: w1vlf at arrl.org
World Wide Web: www.arrl.org