[RFI] Ut oh. VisionSolar is parked next door.

MICHAEL ST ANGELO mstangelo at comcast.net
Wed Dec 16 20:03:27 EST 2020

Dave,

See my comments below...

> BPL came and went (FCC cheated on the in-situ tests documented and
> presented in court by ARRL).  But ONLY after the FAA bitterly complained.
> We had a live test of BPL here in my town of Berthoud, Colorado, in that
> regard.  Unfortunately, I can not reveal all the  specifics.  Homeland
> security and FAA were directly involved.  The system was active for no more
> than 3-minutes when FAA issued a NOTOM (or whatever the aviation folks call
> it) - an order - to keep a 50-mile radius away from Berthoud which is
> airline distance only some 50-miles from DIA, the big airport in Denver.
> However, when the FAA report hit the FCC (this is the part I can not
> reveal), shit flew off the fan blades.  BL dies a quiet death.

The FCC will not act unless the interference affects a public service, commercial entity or government service such as the FAA. Unfortunately the FCC these days consider Amateur Radio as a hobby, not and emergency service, and will not react to our complaints. What are we going to tell them - the interference impedes with my ability to operate in contests?

> The FCC is nothing more or less than a collection of high-paid lawyers who
> wouldn't know RF if it bit them in the butt.   OET has been gutted. And
> selling off a natural resource to 'make money'??????

The purpose of the FCC these days is not to regulate but to promote business.  The frequency spectrum used to be viewed as a shared resource; now it is viewed as a profit center,

Mike N2MS