[RFI] USB RFI

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Dec 18 15:27:46 EST 2020

I’m not 100% certain….I just don’t recall now Pete. It’s been a few years since I’ve installed it.

I’d assume the shell (rectangular metal end that slips into the laptops USB port) ties to the shield on the cable?

I couldn’t find any other good place to tie into the ground on the laptop, being 99% plastic (at least on the outside)

Someone told me (and I don’t recall who) that even if I had found some kind of ground on the laptop, that the USB shield may not be at the same potential, so that’s the first place (usb port) I tried a wire and shockingly, it worked.

YMMV and if you blow up your laptop/computer, it’s not my fault ! hi

CU in RAC Winter I hope.  GL with your RFI

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB